Well, the decision is truly up to you, but I would ask the doctor what he thinks. If he thinks a reoccurrence is likely and dangerous, I would go with the surgery. Reading your history and from what I know on the subject, it’s unfortunately likely to reoccur again until you have surgery. I know how uncomfortable is. Sorry you have to go through this. Let me know what you end up doing.